P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M

P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M
MEAN STREETS MEDIA

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

San Francisco ( Pekingese dog killed by man robbing woman ) Low Life

(12-29) 20:39 PST San Francisco -- Police are trying to find a Tenderloin man who mugged a woman and then killed a 12-year-old, 18-pound Pekingese named Roxie Friday evening when he grabbed the dog and hurled the animal onto the pavement.
The woman pulled over in the first block of Leavenworth Street around 5 p.m. when a suspect approached her and demanded money, said Officer Gordon Shyy, a police spokesman.
The victim, a 30-year-old San Francisco resident, told The Chronicle she had pulled over to search for her cell phone. As she walked around to the passenger side of her car to look under the seat for her phone, a man approached her, said the woman, who asked that her name not be used because she feared retaliation.

"He grabbed me by my collar and pushed me toward the car and said 'Give me all your f-ing money,'" the woman recalled from her San Francisco home Saturday. "With one hand he had me by my collar and with the other he was digging through my pockets."
Seeing this, Roxie began barking at the man through the passenger side window of the car.
The man, whom police have been unable to identify, turned away from the woman. "He said, 'I'm going to kill your f-ing dog,'" the woman said.
"I ran after him as he was walking to my car, I said 'Stop, stop, I'll give you all my money, stop, stop," she said. "He tried to open the door, but I was holding it closed, trying to stop him. But he was punching my arm so I had to let go."
The man opened the door, reached in and grabbed Roxie by her collar and threw her into the street.
"She landed next to a car tire that was parked and she screamed," the woman said.
"I ran toward her and I literally had to pull her and drag her from underneath the tire," the woman added. "When I pulled her out, her right eye was (hurt) and she wasn't moving and she couldn't stand. And she was screaming."
Police, alerted by two passersby, quickly arrived on scene and told the woman to immediately take Roxie to the emergency veterinary hospital at 18th and Alabama streets. But the veterinarians were unable to save the dog.
"They told me that she was in critical condition and she was not going to be well because of (damage to) her leg, her pelvis and her eye was going to get removed," the woman said. "I had to put her under."
The woman returned to the Tenderloin police station, where officers said they had been unable to generate any leads.
The man is described by the woman and police as clean-shaven, lean, 6-foot, 1-inch black man in his 20s, who was dressed all in black and wearing a hoodie or beanie.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at (415) 575-4444 or send a text message to that mentions "SFPD" to TIP411.
The victim, who has owned Roxie for two years, said she would offer a $1,000 reward.
"I just want someone to say something and that's it," she said. "We don't need your phone number, your name, nothing. We just want someone to speak up. I want justice. He killed my dog on purpose."


Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Police-seeking-S-F-mugger-who-killed-dog-4154968.php#ixzz2GmG9pv3T

No comments:

Post a Comment