P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M

P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M
MEAN STREETS MEDIA

Friday, April 5, 2013

Iran News ( Mother pleads to UN to stop Iran from Executing her Son )

Iranian mother pleads to UN to stop Iran executing her son
Share
NCRI - A desperate Iranian mother has written to the United Nations begging them to try to overturn the 'unjust and tyrannical' death sentence on her political prisoner son.
Married father-of-one Gholamreza Khosravi, 47, is currently facing execution after almost six years in Tehran's Evin prison for giving financial support a to the Simaye Azadi television network.
His mother Beigom Yadi, 70, has now written to Ahmad Shahid, the UN's Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in Iran, urging him to try to save her son's life.
She wrote: "I thank you for your truthful report on Gholamreza and your efforts to solve his problem.
"However, these efforts haven’t had any results so far and the officials haven’t cancelled his unjust and tyrannical death sentence.
"As you mentioned in your report, should someone who has financially supported a television network be sentenced to death? Should his six year imprisonment be changed into a death penalty?
He has been in prison for over 5 years and considering his previous sentence, he must be released any time soon. However, he has been denied any visits and leave from prison.
"I request you and every person who respects the life of human beings to return Gholamreza to me and his family. I can assure you that if I was healthy enough, I would follow up his case but unfortunately I'm old and sick and live in the city of Isfahan."
In a separate letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Mrs Yadi added: "I thank you and your reporter Ahmad Shahid.
"He has been cruelly treated. He has spent 40 months in solitary confinement and sentenced to death confirmed by officials for financially providing a small amount to a television.
"The Iranian officials do not care for me and his family and we are not worth anything to them.
"Gholamreza’s life is at stake and my life is bound to him. I ask you to return him to me and his family. He has a wife and a 16-year-old son."

No comments:

Post a Comment