P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M

P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M
MEAN STREETS MEDIA

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Retired NFL player ( death threats after Objecting to Michael Sam's Kiss )

GINA MEEKS


Derrick Ward
Retired NFL player Derrick Ward has received death threats for tweets about the coverage of openly gay football player Michael Sam’s kiss with his boyfriend. (Twitter)
While gay advocates are celebrating ESPN’s coverage of openly gay football player Michael Sam’s kiss with his boyfriend, those who have protested it are being persecuted.
After finding out that he was chosen by the St. Louis Rams as the 249th overall choice in the 2014 NFL draft, Sam planted a kiss on his boyfriend, which ESPN showed. Retired NFL player Derrick Ward took to Twitter to voice his opinions.
“Man U got little kids lookin at the draft. I can’t believe ESPN even allowed that to happen,” he tweeted Saturday.
He defended his position in a series of tweets Saturday.
“But for real though most of u need to read the bible. It’ll explain a lot in that book,” Ward wrote. “And for the last time since u guys don’t know how to read I wasn't against him kissing his significant other. All I said was he shouldn’t had done it the way that he did it. Even if he kissed a girl I woulda said the same thing.”
The former New York Giants running back says he has been getting death threats because of his comment.
“Gotta love America. Home of the greatest [s---] talkers on earth. The past 24hrs I’ve been accused of being prejudice [and] a bigot. Had a few people say they wanted to kill me and my kids. I was the worst player in the NFL,” he explained in another series of tweets Sunday.
Ward went on: “They hope I die. And my kids killed. All because I said I didn't think it was appropriate for someone to shove cake down another persons face then tongue them down on national TV. Not once saying anything about the persons sexual preference. But. That’s America for u. All I can do is smile and say thank u for seeing things that aren’t there!
“I’ll continue to speak my mind because it’s my god given right and supposedly u can do it without being frowned upon here in America,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment