P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M

P4Z-0hy22ZRyqh5IUeLwjcY3L_M
MEAN STREETS MEDIA

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DAYTON Ohio Mary Archer ( ARBY'S Fired manager after ROBBERY ) Boo

Mary Archer Fired From Arbys After Fleeing Armed Robbery
(WHIO-TV)
An Arby’s Restaurant assistant manager in Dayton, Ohio was fired after she jumped through the store’s drive-through window in order to escape a knife-wielding robber. The fast food chain says she violated a company rule, specifically being alone in the store after hours.
Mary Archer, 56, told WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio that she had been closing up the restaurant when someone rang the doorbell. Thinking it was her co-worker who had just left, she unknowingly opened the door for an armed robber.
“Give me the money,” the robber reportedly demanded.
“I really thought I was going to die,” Archer told WHIO-TV. As she told herself “I’m not going to die at Arby’s tonight,” Archer pushed the burglar away and made her way towards the drive-through window.
After jumping through the window, her loud cries for help eventually attracted the attention of police.
Surviving an apparent near-death experience is tough enough, however, when Archer returned to work the next day she was shocked to find out that she had been fired after 23 years with the company.
“I just never thought that would happen to me, since my life was at stake,” Archer said.
“I don’t want my job back,” she continued. “I just want everybody to know what kind of company this is. They said I was not supposed to have been alone in the store.”

No comments:

Post a Comment